Excerpt taken from: There is only one God
I am a Christian because….
I am a Christian because the Bible is too good to have been a fabrication of man. It had to have been orchestrated – by God. The contents of the Bible (66 books) were written over a period of hundreds of years, by writers who did not know the others nor collaborate with them – separated by hundreds of miles – and yet everything ties together without any discrepancies, and Jesus the Messiah fulfilled over 360 prophecies written by these writers. Impossible, except by God.
I am a Christian because of tangible evidence of the divinity of Christ. He fulfilled over 360 prophecies written about the coming Messiah – way too many to have been completed by chance. Christ was God in human form.
- to be able to die in our place
- to be able to give us pardons for our sinfulness
- to be able to satisfy God’s sense of justice
- to turn away God’s wrath against evil
- to be able to set us free from our death sentence
- to be able to make us perfect before the Great Judge on Judgement Day
I am a Christian because Jesus said He was the only way to God the Father (John 14:6), that nobody comes to God – except through acceptance of Christ. Even if I wanted to, which I do not, I could not have earned God’s acceptance no matter what I tried to do.
*Excerpt taken from: There is only one God