Excerpt from: Heaven. What’s it going to be like?
PIC: Shouts of joy everlasting
Heaven is where – only born again believers go: “everyone who believes in Him” and “receives forgiveness of sins.”
43 All the prophets testify about Him,
that through His name
everyone who believes in Him
[whoever trusts in and relies on Him,
accepting Him as Savior and Messiah]
receives forgiveness of sins.”
– Acts 10:43
11 And such were some of you [before you believed]. But you were washed [by the atoning sacrifice of Christ], you were sanctified [set apart for God, and made holy], you were justified [declared free of guilt] in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the [Holy] Spirit of our God [the source of the believer’s new life and changed behavior]. – Verse 11 of 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
“Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth….” – Verse 1 of Revelation 21:1-8
What He told us Heaven is going to be like for those who follow Him:
- Heaven will be instant. References: (Luke 23:39-43; 1 Corinthians 15:52)
- Heaven is realized before the end of “the end” where Jesus destroys the Antichrist (verse 24 of 1 Corinthians 15:20-26):
24 After that comes the end (completion), when He hands over the kingdom to God the Father, after He has made inoperative and abolished every ruler and every authority and power.
- Heaven is realized before death itself is defeated:
13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and Death and the Grave gave up the dead that were in them, and people were judged by what they had done. 14 Then Death and the Grave were thrown into the fiery lake. This, the fiery lake, is the second death. 15 Then anyone whose name wasn’t found written in the scroll of life was thrown into the fiery lake. – Revelation 20:13-15 Common English Bible (CEB)
- For heaven – we will all be changed. – 1 Corinthians 15:50-53
- Heaven is built by God. – John 14:2-3
- Heaven arrives without prior notice. – 2 Peter 3:10
- Heaven is so fantastic – it is inexpressible. – 2 Corinthians 12:4
- Heaven is where we will forever be with the Lord: “So we shall always be with the Lord.” – 1 Thessalonians 4:17 [Full Chapter]
- In Heaven we’ll have an incorruptible, immortal body. – Verse 20 of 1 Corinthians 15:20-26
- Heaven is where sin will be no more. – 1 Corinthians 15:20-26
- Heaven is now a source of comfort (because of our future): “Comfort one another with these words.” – 1 Thessalonians 4:17-18
- We get through to Heaven now – by our prayers to Jesus: – Verse 22 of Hebrews 12:18-24.
— “you have come to Mount Zion
and to the city of the living God,
the heavenly Jerusalem,
and to myriads of angels [in festive gathering]….”
– Verse 22 of Hebrews 12:18-24.