Me, When I Die…still in sin not forgiven by Christ
Are you still rejecting Christ? Do you know that if you die in sin, you will die without hope, lost forever, never to see the goodness that is in God? God declares that all creation is condemned and due to be cast out of His presence, forever. But He also prepared a way for us to be pardoned and live with Him forever! He is waiting for you, prolonging his “second coming” – to give you more time to accept Him. (2 Peter 3:3-14)
What a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God
There will be an accounting on that Day of Judgment. And if you have not accepted the free gift of forgiveness made available by the substitute death of Christ on the cross… you will arrive in front of God – guilty as charged. Can you imagine a worse scenario? To be “caught red-handed”, standing accused and guilty as charged – in front of the holy and entirely just God of the universe!?
It is a fearful
and terrifying thing
to fall into the hands of
the living God
[incurring His judgment and wrath].
– Hebrews 10:31
To stand amongst born-again believers, and like what they believe, and even sing their songs and all… does not make you saved, any more than being in a garage makes you a car! You yourself MUST personally confess and acknowledge… and actively follow Him.
God created us with volition, the ability to choose. And if we do not personally choose to follow Christ, we will not receive forgiveness from God. Quite a responsibility given to each and every one of us: ask God to forgive you of your sins, and acknowledge Christ as Lord of your life. Simple. So simple it was called a “stumbling-block”, difficult for smart folk to get over!
but we preach Christ crucified,
to Jews a stumbling block and
to Gentiles foolishness
– 1 Corinthians 1:23
It is God’s plan for us. Get over it!
We need forgiveness by God, because we all have sinned and fallen short of God’s standards. It’s like as if we are all that wannabe who failed to make the football team. The wannabe doesn’t make the team, so he will not ever play the game. The wannabe never cut the grade, never qualified for the team, never was approved by the coach, never got to wear the uniform, never made it to the huddle, never heard the play call, never lined-up, never hears the signals, never runs a play, and will never hear the coach say, “Well done.”
Life is full of examples of the concept of meeting standards. If you fail to meet the standards, it’s all over.
- Any professional NFL football team has standards. They have to be reached in order to make the team. You do not get on the team unless the coach chooses you.
- Companies have standards to judge whether a recruit can join the business team or not. Don’t meet the standards? Then you don’t get on the team.
We all automatically qualify for the Devil’s team. If you do not meet the standard God requires of each of us, then you will not make it to heaven. Instead you will remain in your sin, already condemned, placed into judgment, placed on the Devil’s own team, to suffer with the loosing team, lost forever.
I am so amazed that so many folk go through their entire life —- without ever getting right with their Creator! The consequence is eternal. Totally not a smart way to go. Unbelievably shortsighted. So, so sad.
Why would anyone be so blind, not see what God has revealed in so many, many ways?!
- The universe above us shouts out: “An awesome Creator passed-by here!”
- All of nature on earth whispers: “I am an intelligent design. I am created by an intelligent Creator God.”
- The body in which I live and move and have my being, is so incredibly endowed – above and beyond any other creature we know. My body tells me in the back of my mind, “You are incredibly and wonderfully made. I had to have been made by a very intelligent Creator God.”
- My own life – my mind, my hands, my eyes, my balance, my tongue, my heart, my lungs, my arms and legs, my sexual organs, my breath and life… all proclaim me “Made by God.”
- My inner man – my thoughts, my feelings, my hopes, my drive to live and succeed, my will, my plans for the future, my will to live, my struggles with evil, my wish to be without blemish – without failure – without need, my love for others, romance, friendship… make me wonder, “How could all that I am… have ‘just happened’? God had to have made me this way.”
It is just all too awesome, too wonderful, too intelligently designed… to miss it! It just could not have just happened. A god of some kind had to have created all of this, all of us, everything I see.
And then I read the Bible. This book could not have been written without the active intervention of God Himself. Read it yourself! It was written by authors separated by hundreds of miles, hundreds of years, multiple cultures and distinct epochs throughout history. Prophecies foretold accurately of events to come – and we can now scientifically verify the ones that eventually actually took place. And since all the others are verified, we can be confident that the ones not yet completed — will take place in the future. It takes more faith to reject them!
The Bible was put together by God. It is His word to us. We learn about God, and what God has planned for us — through His Word, the Bible. We can trust what is written in the Bible, because God Himself orchestrated its music. He made sure there would be no errors to mislead or disappoint.
What God requires of us is so, so simple: “believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved”. (Acts 16:31; John 3:16; 1 Peter 1) Right now, this moment, you can receive forgiveness from God and know that God will receive you into His kingdom:
Confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord,
and believe in your heart
that God raised Him from the dead
and you will be saved.
Me, When I Die …forgiven forever in Christ