At the end of his article, gently pointing out the error of his friend’s advice (John Piper), Wayne Grudem outlines two very contrasting lists of what will happen as a result of this election on November 3, 2020 — with Trump winning or with Biden winning. Very interesting. The results will be dramatically different.
“Birds of a feather flock together.”
It behooves us to know the difference our vote will make, and vote wisely.
we will get good policies
and character flaws,
but with Biden
we will get bad policies
and character flaws”
– Wayne Grudem
“…about the results of a second term for President Trump.
“In Trump second term, I look forward to
- the appointment of more originalist judges (who will interpret the laws and not make new laws on their own),
- further legal restrictions on abortion,
- greater protections for religious freedom and freedom of conscience,
- lower taxes,
- fewer government regulations,
- a rapidly growing economy,
- low unemployment rates (especially significant for ethnic minorities),
- increased prosperity for people at every income level,
- additional history-making agreements between Israel and additional Arab nations,
- a clearheaded recognition of the economic, military, and information threat from China,
- a high value placed on human freedom and on personal accountability for committing crimes,
- increasing numbers of children eligible for taxpayer-supported school choice,
- a secure border followed by a comprehensive reform of our immigration system, and
- an increase in police presence in high crime neighborhoods, with a resulting decrease in crime.
“On the other hand,
if evangelicals stay away from voting for either Biden or Trump, then
under a Biden presidency I would expect
- the appointment of hundreds of judges who take the law in their own hands and even consider themselves to be above the original meaning of the Constitution,
- laws that allow abortion up to the moment of birth and even after,
- the use of tax money to pay for abortions and gender reassignment surgery,
- the crippling of our economy with ever-increasing government control and ever-increasing taxes,
- increased unemployment,
- a weaker military unable to counter the increasing aggressiveness of China in the world’s oceans,
- a Jimmy Carter-like foreign policy of appeasement,
- abandoning Israel to fend for itself in the Middle East,
- adding additional seats to make a liberal majority on the Supreme Court,
- draconian laws that compel artistic professionals to affirm the validity of same-sex marriage even when contrary to their consciences,
- a reinstatement of the Obama-era guidelines that required schools to allow biological males to use girls bathrooms, locker rooms and showers and to allow them to compete in women’s sports,
- a massive increase in energy costs,
- ever-increasing restrictions on police forces, leading to an increase in crime, and
- the proliferation of violence and intimidation to nullify freedom of speech (in practice) for those who disagree with the liberal political agenda,
- open borders,
- sanctuary cities, and
- a complete federal takeover of our healthcare system.
“These are two vastly different kinds of nations.
The first one features increasing freedom, personal responsibility, and human flourishing.
The second one features ever-increasing government control of every aspect of our lives, significant losses of freedom, and the implementation of many laws and regulations that are contrary to the moral teachings of Scripture.
That is why voting for Trump seems to me to be the most loving, most faithful choice for a Christian.” – Wayne Grudem
Full article is here
-By Wayne Grudem in The Christian Post; Monday, November 02, 2020
President Trump is the best choice for Americans of faith, By Mike Pence, Vice president
Excerpt: “Millions of forgotten men and women across the nation rallied behind President Trump because they shared his belief that America could be strong and prosperous again. That was especially true of people of faith, who under the last administration saw a steady assault on our most cherished values and God-given liberties. They trusted President Trump to deliver on his promise to defend those values and liberties, and that’s exactly what he’s done.”
Excerpt: “Politics is a dirty business. Mudslinging is common. It’s hard to figure out what’s true and what’s not. But one issue, another dirty business, is something that Christians in particular should know the truth about: abortion. And you know who should be pulling together to stump for a candidate who stands against the killing of our most vulnerable human beings? Our faith leaders. But instead, all we see are some of our most well-known faith leaders causing confusion and dissention.
In a recent article by John Piper, he stated that “boastfulness” is a bigger problem than abortion: “I think it is baffling and presumptuous to assume that pro-abortion policies kill more people than a culture-saturating, pro-self pride. When a leader models self-absorbed, self-exalting boastfulness, he models the most deadly behavior in the world.”