Studies and Articles by R.L. Smalling (link to Smalling site)
On Leadership – by R.L. Smalling
(Taken from Smalling’s Leadership Manuals.)
* CHRIST’S PHILOSOPHY OF LEADERSHIP How many Christian philosophies of leadership are there? Only one. Christ outlines it in Mt.20.
* KEY VIRTUE IN CHRISTIAN LEADERSHIP With this virtue, we can dispense with most management techniques. PDF
* THE DANGERS OF HIERARCHY IN CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATIONS If we build Christian organizations on the model of corporate business America, what kind of moral and spiritual effects can we expect? PDF
* MENTORING The heart and meaning of mentoring for leadership. The last three chapters of Roger Smalling’s book on Christian Leadership. Word, PDF
* PRIVILEGES AND ETHICS: Relationships Among Christian Leaders. We often talk about the duties of ministers. What about their rights? Are there rules in the way they treat one another? PDF
* CREATIVE THINKING Any kind of serious thinking is hard. Thinking creatively is harder. What are the barriers to it and how can it work in Christian leadership? PDF
* VISION: An ambiguous word. Without it, the term leader is hollow. It merits defining.
Training Leaders by Godly Mentoring (from R.L. Smalling)