Your Lifestyle… is what you do day in and day out.
Jesus warned us to not be dishonest with Him. Read: Sincerity and Truth
1. If you choose to accept Jesus as your Savior, then follow Him with all that you are. Following Him is the natural thing to do — if you were actually born again. Check it out: Getting Born Again / Getting right with God
2. If you choose to live your own way, “your choice – your consequences”, then have at it. Live it up – however you choose. God will never force you to accept Him. God eventually gives you a free rein. You have given away His grace and sheer mercy.
3. However, if you say one thing to Him (like: “I choose you, Jesus”), and then do the opposite (“I did it my way”) – know that He sees your heart, you’re duplicitous, dichotomous heart. You’ll never see the inside of Heaven living like that.
to step into your Home, Heaven.
Really great, all this splendorious setup you got here.
That little rebellious streak is also what was in the mind and heart of the rich young ruler (Matthew 19:16-26) seeking to justify his thinking before Jesus. Our natural thinking is not one of submission to God. In the natural, we hate to submit to anything! So the ruler went away sad, because Jesus replied to him, “One thing you lack.”
– Source: Farther along we’ll understand why
23 And then I will declare to them publicly,
‘I never knew you;
depart from Me
[you are banished from My presence],
you who act wickedly
[disregarding My commands].’
– Matthew 7:23
All throughout the Bible, we are shown by God – His ways. It is His ways that are good. We each must examine ourselves and rest assured that we are really on “the straight and narrow” — not on the broad road that says heaven but goes to hell. Know that there is a Meetup down the road where The Book of the Living is opened (See references here: The Book of Life) and all things will be set straight, judgement declared – where the sheep are set on one side – and the goats sent away to Satan’s Home (Hell).
And since He is God, and we are not, what we opine about how the universe should be run, is, well, not all that important, is it? We are His creation, so He knows our thoughts. And He said, basically (my interpretation):
If you go against Me, what I, God, want, what Jesus stands for, in anything… then you ARE against Me, (“saith the Lord”). Who you stand with shows. It shows with how you live your life, with how you habitually act, with “the thoughts and intentions of your heart…” If Jesus discerns you have stood against Him, the consequence comes to you on That Day when you kneel in anguish and fear before God. He will say, basically: You have come before Me, before the seat of My Eternal Court, and I am against you. (Extrapolated from: Matthew 7:23)
God told us clearly what is good, and what is not good.
Source: There is a place:
When this life is over, and we’ve lived it all for self,
we’ll have nothing in eternity – but self, and self, that’s all:
no good, no joy, no love – no pleasantness again.
For God is good; God is joy; God is love. God is why pleasantness exists.
If all we have is self, and nothing good from God
If all we have is what we generate, and what’s from God is gone
If God gives all that’s good in life, and now He’s gone for good
What misery we’ll have, and nowhere else to go.
There is a place assigned to go where nowhere else exists but there.
It’s far from where God’s blessings flow; it’s bad and worse, no good at all.
This article is based on: Acting with your heart, soul, strength, and with your mind
- Matthew 19 verse 20 The young man said to Him, “I have kept all these things [from my youth]; what do I still lack?”